Friday, January 3, 2014

You Make Me Wanna Shout

I shout at you Get out. Leave. This is it. I never want to see you again.
You say Okay, I’ll see you next week. 
I say I can’t do this anymore.
You say Then don’t.
I look into you Would you really want that?
You say I’m here, aren’t I?
You say I don’t want to do this anymore.
I say I want you to WANT to do this. 
And then there are things we don’t say.  There are movements and looks and sounds from an unspeakable language.  Because I can’t make you want to do this but I can take your lips between mine and --- 
And you will say I hate you
And I will say I hate you too.
And you will curl every inch of yourself around me, over me, until just one side of my face is visible from beneath you.  And one of us will say I love you.  Because love and hate are close like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment