Wednesday, November 27, 2013

A Brief History of Love

There it was: my brief history of love.  There between us and my sheets on that mattress on the floor in the bedroom I still hadn’t furnished.  Every story I had ever told or heard or tried to write, every person I had ever cared for, my family, my friends, and a couple Facebook pictures.  All wrapped up in me telling you that for most of my life I had been too selfish to ever love anyone, that I had said the words but I hadn’t even known what they should mean, I had just known that I loved the way the other person I was saying those words to loved me.  And maybe it had been that way with you in the beginning, but at some point it changed and for the first time I loved someone.  I loved you, regardless of how you loved me.

No comments:

Post a Comment