Tuesday, March 18, 2014

I hope you get your heart broken.


I hope you get your heart broken.  I hope it hurts so much that suddenly country songs make you cry and you finally understand that love is like a folk song: never old and never new.  I hope someone you give your heart to hands it back to you in the form of every card, every letter, every gift you ever gave them so you are forced to look at the way you love and learn something.  Heartbreak teaches you to appreciate art.  Impressionism is largely defined on the inexact perspective from which the artist paints.  Memory is largely defined by the inexact perspective of heartbreak.  I hope you get some perspective.  I hope when your heart breaks, you cry.  There are things worth crying over.  I hope you lose sleep at night.  I hope you spend days lost in your bed and your memories.  Heartbreak teaches you what it’s like to lose something you really wanted.  It builds character to learn how to lose.  I hope when your heart breaks, your whole body hurts and you wonder if a part of you died.  I hope it did.  It will teach you to live better.  I hope you learn to love like it’s something to live for.

No comments:

Post a Comment