Wednesday, August 28, 2013

You were a dream

We met once, in a dream I had – or dreamt I had.  I recognized you instantly.  You were all my best ideas, all my wildest, saddest fears.  I stood naked before you – or I felt naked before you.  And it was night but there was something that felt like sunshine on my back.  And then you kissed me and we melted into sweat and hope and time. 

I wouldn’t recognize you now.  You wouldn’t know me.  The dream is not the same.  When we melted, we merged and when I woke you were no longer all my best ideas, all my wildest saddest fears.  You changed.  Or I did.  Or we did.

3 comments:

  1. This is Emily, buy the way. I just can't ever figure out how to post as myself. I try, but then it doesn't work and I give up and my post never actually happens.
    I love, love, love these recent short pieces you have done. The long ones are good too, but there is something incredibly powerful about a full, complete story told in just a few words, where so much is missing, but nothing seems missing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. me again, and I actually can spell :)

      Delete
    2. Thank you, Emily. That means a lot to me and I appreciate you reading them. All of the ones that address a "You" character are part of a larger work I'm in the process of creating/editing called "Love You, Me."

      Delete